Cocaine detoxification is the first phase of any addiction treatment program. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), detox helps you end your body’s dependence on a substance.
The cost of cocaine detox programs varies from patient to patient. It’s unlikely two patients will pay the same amount for cocaine detox. Even in the same facility, patients’ overall treatment costs differ based on their individual needs.
The price for cocaine detox can amount to thousands of dollars. At the same time, you may be lucky to spend far less than that on detox. If you’re searching for an estimated cost, you must consult your service provider directly.
But if you have questions like how to find affordable cocaine detox programs and if it’s worth the money, we can help. Here, we also focus on alternative options that’ll assist you in covering the cost of detox. Rest assured, it’ll enable you to begin your journey to recovery on the right path.
Overall Cost of Cocaine Detox Programs
The cost of cocaine detox programs ranges between $700 to $1,500 per day. Unfortunately, pinpointing a definite fee is hard to do. Several factors like the amenities on offer, facility location, and type of program make it hard to lock down an exact cost for cocaine detox.
A person suffering from acute cocaine addiction may pay about $1,500 to $2,000 per day and up to $3,000 in total. The reason is acute withdrawal is both emotionally and physically distressing. Therefore, recovery will be more intensive. Besides that, intensive care like highly trained professionals and relaxation treatment equates to a more expensive cost of about $3,000 per day.
Despite the various cocaine detox pricing models, every detox program aims to end your cocaine addiction safely. The primary factors that determine the cost of detox are the level of care and the facility that provides it. With insurance, it may cost you between $300 to $500 per day. But the price can reach $1,000 to $1,500 per day if your insurance doesn’t cover detox programs.
Most cocaine detox programs in Ontario accept Medicare and Medicaid insurance. Keep in mind that there are various accessible detox programs, and each one requires different fees.
Detox alone cannot assure you of long-term recovery from addiction. For this reason, specialists will administer detox programs alongside other treatment options. As you’ll expect, extra treatment options will jack up the price of cocaine detox treatment.
Related Article: Proven Treatments for Addiction Detox
Price of Outpatient Detox Vs Residential Detox
Generally speaking, the cost of cocaine detox programs is a function of the care each patient gets. The two main types of detox programs are inpatient/residential and outpatient care. They vary in terms of medical assessment and procedure.
Outpatient and residential detox further differ in price due to determining factors like
- Presence of medical oversight.
- 24/7 intensive medical treatment.
- Period of withdrawal.
- Physical and mental health.
- The expertise of medical personnel.
- Amenities/benefits provided.
- Simultaneous intake of other drugs.
- Location of rehab or facility.
- The average amount of substance used.
- The person’s physiology.
- The severity of cocaine addiction
A residential detox program is more costly than outpatient rehab and detox. The reason is quite clear. Inpatient treatment programs require patients to live in rehab for weeks or even months. These living expenses add to the cost of inpatient detox.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), about 43% of clinics in Ontario provide outpatient detox. In comparison, just 56% of inpatient programs offer detox as part of their services.
Due to the cost of cocaine detox programs in Ontario, most patients prefer outpatient treatment. However, outpatient care isn’t a good fit for everyone. It’s not ideal for individuals who lack a stable support system and are struggling with severe cocaine addiction.
The price for cocaine detox with a residential program ranges between $2,000 to $5,000 per day. A 30-day program may cost about $10,000 to $30,000, depending on your personal needs.
On average, a 9-day program costs between $5,000 to $15,000. In terms of timeline, a 5-day program is the lowest option in most rehab centres. Although, a few facilities offer a 5-day program.
The cost of feeding, medications, housing, laundry, supervision, and relaxation activities is part of the cocaine detox fees. These factors make residential cocaine detox programs expensive. Now, in some residential clinics, they utilize a social or nonmedical approach. Rather than prescribe drugs and procedures that’ll help you manage your cocaine addiction, they give emotional support. They include:
- Social/Non-medical Inpatient Detox: This program costs about $2,000 to $5,000 per day. It provides peer and social support for patients. Social detox programs are the most affordable form of residential care.
- Executive detox rehab: Expect to spend close to $10,000 per day. Executive detox facilities aim to give their patients maximum comfort. It provides exclusive benefits like personal trainers, gourmet food, access to gadgets, private suites, and exercise equipment. The target market for executive detox rehabs are middle and first-class citizens like celebrities and company executives.
- Luxurious cocaine detox center: A luxurious residential program ranges between $15,500 to $35,000 per day. A luxurious detox centre offers luxury amenities such as massage therapies, spa treatments, pools, gourmet food, and golf. Besides that, patients also receive holistic treatments like acupuncture, equine therapy, and yoga.
For the cost of cocaine detox programs with outpatient care, expect to spend about $200 to $700 per day. Depending on the treatment methods and medication, this fee can amount to about $1,000 in total. However, some clinics offer a flat rate of $500 per day.
At the same time, intensive 30-day outpatient treatment ranges between $4,000 to $10,000. It mostly depends on the duration of detox and if medications will be necessary.
How long is an outpatient detox program, and how much does cocaine detox cost for seven days? It may last for two, five, or even seven days. Sometimes, depending on your withdrawal symptoms, the detox program may take a month. A seven-day program ranges between $1,000 to $2,000 per day.
An outpatient detox program will require you to visit the rehab frequently for checkups and a group support program. The price estimates above don’t include the price of travelling to the clinic, nor do they cover the cost of your meals. An outpatient program is less rigorous than residential care and is often ideal for people with less severe cocaine addiction.
If you’re searching for an affordable detox program, outpatient programs are your best option. It helps you to recover without stopping your daily activities. Not to mention, it offers you an avenue to raise money for your treatment.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, any outpatient program patient that doesn’t recover in under 90 days may need to revert to inpatient treatment.
Detox Medication: How Much Is It?
The cost of medication for cocaine detox programs usually ranges between $500 and $110ek. Medication for a 30-day program costs $3000 and $8000. Luckily, you can reduce how much you have to pay out of pocket with an insurance plan.
A 30-day supply of antidepressants costs between $80 and $450. Some cocaine detox programs also administer benzodiazepines to assist patients with managing their withdrawal symptoms. If you have Medicaid or Medicare, expect to pay about $200 for a year.
Relapse prevention drugs like Acamprosate and Naltrexone sell for an average of $130 and $150 for a month’s dosage.
When it comes to the price of detox medications, it all boils down to personal needs. Therefore, you must consult a professional to determine the actual cost of your drugs. For accessible treatment, we advise you to visit facilities that accept insurance.
Factors that Determine the Cost of Cocaine Detox Programs
Other variables which affect the cost of detox programs include:
- Convenience: The extra care that comes alongside cocaine detox programs is certainly not free. These conveniences include needle therapy, back rubs, a tennis court, large personal rooms, and pools.
- Location of center: Cocaine detox pricing in Vaughan will no doubt differ from that of Ontario. The pricing for treatment in both critics varies as a result of the cost of living. Essentially, places with a higher expense of residency will charge their patients higher than a place with a low cost of living.
- Type of situation: Complicated situations like polysubstance addiction or co-occurring abuse will amount to more expensive cocaine detox fees.
Alternative Options to Cover the Cost of Cocaine Detox Programs
Insurance can help you cover about 50% of the total cost of detox. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) makes insurance affordable and accessible for every type of drug abuse treatment. Some facilities are picky about the insurance programs they accept, so you must consult your provider to determine your eligibility.
Without insurance, here are alternatives that’ll cover the fee of cocaine detox.
- Sliding scale: In Ontario, about 80% of detox programs offer a sliding scale as a way to finance detox. Sliding scale payment options allow you to pay according to the amount you earn. For example, if your income level ranges between $5,000 to $10,000 per month, you may pay about $2,500 to $5,000 monthly.
- Low cost of free government programs: By visiting government-owned detox clinics, you can subsidize the cost of cocaine detox in Ontario. In fact, you may be lucky enough to receive detox treatment via charity. We highly recommend this alternative option to individuals experiencing financial difficulties.
- Individual loans: You can also apply for personal loans to pay for detox treatment. Besides, financial institutions give out loans for health issues at a low interest rate.
- Flexible payment plan: Some rehab centers allow patients to pay in installments. Even after recovery, you can still pay for your detox care.
- Crowdfunding: Another alternative is soliciting funds online. Luckily, websites like IndieGoGo and Gofundme make it easier for family, friends, and strangers to raise money for your treatment.
- Auxiliary accounts: You can also tap money from retirement funds, home equity, or savings accounts in a bid to pay for cocaine detox treatment.
Searching for an affordable detox program may not be easy. But with dedication and perseverance, you’ll find a center that suits your every need.
Related Article: What is the Timeline for Drug Detox?
Cocaine Detox: Road to Recovery
Regardless of the high cost of cocaine detox programs, overcoming your addiction is critical. Sourcing for funds may be overwhelming. However, struggling with cocaine withdrawal symptoms is worse.
Depending on the type of cocaine detox program, you’ll get medical treatments at a price less than $3,000. In-patient detox programs are typically more effective compared to outpatient programs. Although the comprehensive care you’ll get with inpatient detox programs makes their cost a worthy expense.
Here at Medical Detox Toronto, we offer varied addiction treatment and detox programs to make payments easier for you. We also offer personalized intensive care plans to enable you to get your life on track.
Let’s walk you down this new path today! Contact us today!